Low-cost vouchers to help you get your pets spayed or neutered are available at the shelter on Saturdays from 10 AM until 4PM and Sundays from 1-4 PM. (Others hours may be available by appointment only). Vouches include spay or neuter, first distemper vaccine, rabies vaccine, worming, and ear mite treatment. Depending on your animal's situation, additional costs may be incurred at the time of visit; discuss with your veterinarian for details.
Do you need help finding a home for a stray pet, or have other questions concerning local spay/neuter services? See our "finding homes page" for more information.
After purchasing a voucher at our shelter, call one of the veterinary clinics listed below to schedule an appointment. ICS Spay/Neuter vouchers are only accepted at the following veterinary clinics:
- McAfee Animal Hospital: 219-462-5901; 651 Eastport Centre Dr. Valparaiso, IN 46383; $115
- Westchester Animal Clinic: 219-926-1194; 55E US Highway 20 Porter, IN 46304-1397; $65
- Gast Animal Hospital: 219-759-7387; 258 N 475 W, Valparaiso, IN 46385; $110
- All Creature Features: 219-393-3558; 4034 US Hwy 35, La Porte, IN 46350; $85
- Coyne Veterinary Center: Portage: 219-219-763-3311; 3411 Airport Rd, Portage, IN 46368 (see their website for other locations); $65
- Maple City Animal Hospital: 219-324-0055; 353 Fail Rd., LaPorte, IN 46350; $116